Xiaomi Redmi 5 specifications and price leaked
Xiaomi Redmi 5, successor of last year’s Redmi 4 has surfaced in renders that also reveals the specifications and price. Similar to the Redmi 4, the Redmi 5 is also said to come in two different versions with Snapdragon 625 or 630 Mobile Platform. It is expected to come wiht an improved 16-megapixel rear camera, run Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) based MIUI 9, but is said to come with a slightly smaller 3680mAh battery compared to 4000mAh battery.
The phone is also said to come support for fast charging with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The phone has a unibody metal design and there is a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU / 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB / 32GB storage (eMMC 5.1) / 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage (eMMC 5.1), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3680mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is rumored to start at 859 yuan (US$ 126 / Rs. 8160 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 16GB storage Snapdragon 625 version and the 32GB storage version of it is said to cost 1039 yuan (US$ 153 / Rs. 9875 approx.). The Snapdragon 630 version with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage are said to be priced at 1099 yuan (US$ 162 / Rs. 10,445 approx.), 1199 yuan (US$ 177 / Rs. 11,395 approx.) and 1299 yuan (US$ 191 / Rs. 12,345 approx.), respectively. It is expected sometime in late Q3 or early Q4 2017.